Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Change = Step 1 ! & Goal Setting


This is my favorite quote ever.
If you don't like something, nothing will happen unless you change it!

My main goal for right now is to change my behaviors in ways that will be more productive to me getting into the highly selective athletic training program at my school.

Emotional
3.    Take steps to go above and beyond the application requirements so that I get into athletic training for next year.
5.  Talk to and interact with the ACI’s and other students so they get to know and like me.Study old and new material outside of what I need to know to get in so that I am ahead of the game.

            6.   Study old and new material outside of what I need to know to get in so that I am ahead of the game. 


I chose for my goals to be in the emotional dimension because to me, athletic training and my major is not so much an intellectual part of my life as an emotional one. I realized last year when I did not get in that I felt more emotionally upset than intellectually incapable. I also feel that being very emotionally involved in trying to get in will help me in the long run and show the program directors how passionate I am about it. These goals are extremely important to me because they reflect my life goals. I want to be an athletic trainer and step 1 is getting into our selective program. If I can attain these short term goals, I will feel more confident about getting into the program and will also probably be more likely to. My wellness self assessment did not really help me determine my goals because as much as I would like to change my eating or exercising habits (or anything else the assessment told me), getting into my major is top priority for me right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment